In class, we have watched multiple examples of journalists overcoming adversity to educate the public with the truth. In the movie "All the Presidents Men", Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodword faced unemployment and defacing the New York Times if they backed down or got one detail wrong, but they plowed forward to reveal the truth to the public. In a TV drama we watched, "The Newsroom", one of the main characters MacKenzie McHale quoted Thomas Jefferson: "A well-informed electorate is a prerequisite for democracy." This becomes the news channel's goal, and I find this very admirable. I have a similar hope, and I consider myself to be fairly skilled in writing. I also enjoy art as a hobby and can organize things in a visually pleasing way with a good use of colors. For these reasons, a magazine may be a good choice for my final project. However, I have not used programs that would be best for creating a magazine and am not comfortable with them (Microsoft Publisher, for example). I also have personal interest in film, and am considering becoming a director as a career. Magazines, however, often bore me and I do not find them as exciting. For these reasons, I may not choose a magazine for my final project.
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Project Selection: Magazine
In class, we have watched multiple examples of journalists overcoming adversity to educate the public with the truth. In the movie "All the Presidents Men", Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodword faced unemployment and defacing the New York Times if they backed down or got one detail wrong, but they plowed forward to reveal the truth to the public. In a TV drama we watched, "The Newsroom", one of the main characters MacKenzie McHale quoted Thomas Jefferson: "A well-informed electorate is a prerequisite for democracy." This becomes the news channel's goal, and I find this very admirable. I have a similar hope, and I consider myself to be fairly skilled in writing. I also enjoy art as a hobby and can organize things in a visually pleasing way with a good use of colors. For these reasons, a magazine may be a good choice for my final project. However, I have not used programs that would be best for creating a magazine and am not comfortable with them (Microsoft Publisher, for example). I also have personal interest in film, and am considering becoming a director as a career. Magazines, however, often bore me and I do not find them as exciting. For these reasons, I may not choose a magazine for my final project.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment